Back and Neck Injury Lawyers | Call Lee Free

I'll Be Right There

Request Free Consultation

Michigan Herniated Disc Lawyers

The vertebrae and tissue that form the spine in your back are cushioned by small, spongy discs. When these discs are healthy, they act as shock absorbers for the spine and keep the spine flexible. But when a disc is damaged, it may bulge or break open. This is called a herniated disc. It may also be called a slipped or ruptured disc. Herniated discs can occur in the neck or back.

The symptoms of herniated disc are pain, numbness, and weakness in the area of the body where the nerve travels. The herniated disc can cause radiculopathy, which is when the numbness and pain radiates into different parts of the body, such as the arms and legs.
Herniated discs can be diagnosed through a doctor’s examination and through medical test, such as MRI and CAT scans.

Initially, treatment of herniated discs in the neck or back is conservative. This conservative treatment can include physical therapy, steroid injections, massage and pain medication. However, if conservative treatment is unsuccessful in alleviating the pain, surgery may be performed to resolve pain complaints and allow the patient to recover.

The causes of herniated disc include wear and tear of the disc and thus a degeneration of the disc itself. However, a traumatic event, such as an automobile accident, slip and fall, or work accident can cause the disc herniation. If such a traumatic event was the cause of the herniation, and if negligence did in fact occur, then it may be possible to recover against the party that caused the herniation.

For over 40 years, The Lee Steinberg Law Firm, P.C. has helped Michigan herniated disc victims win their case and collect the compensation they deserve.

Please call Lee Free and Michigan herniated disc lawyers at 1-800-LEE-FREE (1-800-533-3733) or fill out the Free Case Evaluation Form so we can answer any questions you may have about herniated discs, neck injury and back injury.

You pay nothing until we settle your Michigan personal injury case. Let us help you today.

Ask Lee Free

Q: I have a herniated disc and radiculopathy (pain travelling down my leg). What test should I get to determine where I stand medically?
A: You should ask your doctor for an MRI. Other tests like x-ray and CT do provide useful information, but are less detailed.