Experiencing a personal injury accident is difficult enough, but facing the legal battle is a whole separate battle in itself. We explain how, in the long run, hiring a personal injury lawyer is in the best interest of your financial health and stress level.
- Personal injury lawyers have experience with similar claims. Whether it is a Detroit car accident or Flint motorcycle accident, a personal injury lawyer has knowledge of the law and insurance company tactics to ensure a favorable outcome for you. Simply put, a personal injury lawyer knows what to look for in presenting the most favorable claim possible.
- Personal injury lawyers know what medical records and documents are important to insurance adjusters in maximizing the value of a claim.
- Knowledge of experts. Personal injury lawyers know the best experts to present in a case. Whether it’s an accident reconstruction expert, medical expert or other liability experts, a good personal injury lawyer can retain and pay for the best expert to ensure your case is presented properly.
- Knowledge of the Litigation Process. Personal injury lawyers have spent years studying the litigation process. Whether it is filing motions, defending motions or taking depositions, a skilled personal injury attorney can navigate the treacherous waters of our modern day litigation system.
- Saves You Time. A personal injury lawyer has the time to order medical records, investigative reports, meet with doctors, and communicate with insurance adjusters.
- Contingency Fees. Most personal injury lawyers only get paid if you get paid. This is called a contingency fee. The award for the personal injury lawyer is contingent upon the success of your case. This makes hiring a great lawyer possible in the first place.
- Experience With Other Lawyers. Personal injury lawyers have experience working with defense lawyers and understanding their schemes for attacking your case. In addition, personal injury lawyers can work with bankruptcy and probate attorneys to protect your interests.
- Higher Settlements. This is not surprising, but the statistics back this up. People who hire personal injury attorneys receive more money for their injury claim than those who do not. Even after paying the lawyer’s fees, these individuals still walk away with more money.
The Lee Steinberg Law Firm, P.C. represents individuals throughout the state of Michigan. We specialize in car and truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, Michigan no-fault cases, slip-and-fall, medical malpractice, Social Security Disability and worker’s compensation.