If you’ve been injured at work, then you might eligible to make a Workers’ Compensation Claim. An injured worker must meet certain requirements to be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. These requirements include:
- Claimant is an employee of an employer subject to WCDA
- Employee sustains a personal injury or suffers an occupational disease
- The injury or disease arises out of and in the course and scope of employment
- The employee is disabled
- There must be a related wage loss
Employees have certain responsibilities under the Workers’ Compensation Disability Act:
- Inform their employer or insurance carrier of any wages earned during the benefit period
- Notify your previous employer if you obtain new work
- Submit a reasonable and periodic medical examination if required by your employer or their insurance carrier
- In good faith try reasonable rehabilitation efforts directed towards you that would assist in you going back to work
- Accept a valid offer of employment from your previous employer or another employer if it’s within the worker’s capabilities
Please call Lee Free and Michigan Workers Compensation lawyers at 1-800-LEE-FREE (1-800-533-3733) or fill out the Free Case Evaluation Form so we can answer any questions you may have about Michigan Workers’ Compensation benefits.
We are the Michigan Workers’ Compensation experts. You pay nothing until we win your Michigan workers’ compensation case. Let us help you today.
Wondering where we are located? Our Main Office is located at:
Law Offices of Lee B. Steinberg
30500 Northwestern Highway
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
We service all of Michigan – and if you’ve been injured, then Lee Free is here for you. Get the compensation you deserve and get it today.